Apply for a licence - Step by Step
The process of applying for a licence through the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) is straightforward and assistance is provided at every step of the way.
The team at Alderney eGambling is experienced in providing advice and guidance to prospective licensees that is tailored to their business needs. Once the type of licence required is identified, we will personally see you through the initial application phase before handing you over to the AGCC licensing team.
In order to apply for an Alderney licence, the requirements are as follows:
- Completed application form
A deposit of £10,000 (for Category 1 & 2 Licences or Associate Certificates) or £5,000 (for a CSAC) is taken and used to investigate the application, on a time spent basis, at reasonable charge out rates. Any balance remaining after the investigation is completed is held on the applicant’s account.
For Category 1 & 2 Licences, if a company is being formed, the application can be submitted and the formation can run in parallel to the application. Team Alderney member corporate service providers can assist with Alderney company formation.
Once the application is received, the licensing team will be in touch to assess the applicant’s suitability and fitness to hold the licence. Providing all supporting information is given in a timely manner, the application can be granted very quickly.
- Application form is submitted and the deposit is paid.
- The AGCC will commence the investigation where applicant suitability testing is undertaken. This includes investigation into business reputation, financial position, ownership and corporate structure, character and reputation of business associates as well as sources of funding.
- If the applicant is deemed suitable, the licence is granted by the AGCC. Operations may only go live once Stage 2 is completed.
- Testing of gaming equipment (if required).
- Approval of Internal Control System (ICS). (Please see separate guidance note on the ICS.) The ICS is a business model plan and is written with the assistance of your designated AGCC relationship manager who will guide you through the whole process.
- Once Stage 2 is complete, the business can go live.